Clinics and Services
Emergency Contraception Advice and Services
These are provided here at the surgery, as well as at the local Family Planning Centres.
For effective treatment an appointment needs to be made as soon as possible, so a ‘same day’ appointment should be requested.
The following services are also held at the Surgery
- Ante and Post natal care
- Child Health (8 week developmental check, Primary Vaccinations),
- Travel advice and vaccinations,
- NHS Health Checks (by invitation only),
- Diabetic and Asthmatic/COPD reviews.
- Anticoagulation Clinics for Warfarin monitoring of patients transferred from primary care.
For information regarding these please telephone the Surgery.
Other Health Service professionals hold sessions at the surgery
Midwife, Counsellor and Lifestyle Adviser. If required ask your GP for a referral.
The Community Midwife will monitor the health of, and provide information and support to, all pregnant ladies. The Health Visitor provides support to all parents of children under 5. Initial contact with either the Midwife and/or Health Visitor may be arranged by the surgery receptionist.
Our Lifestyle Adviser Jan, is available on Thursday afternoons to provide guidance and support with lifestyle issues such as weight, smoking, alcohol etc